Wednesday, October 12, 2011

MIA but not Lost

I couldn't believe my eyes when i pulled up the blog today that it has been 362 days since my last post...what a SLACKER!!! It's not that i'd fallen off the wagon or anything, infact quite the opposite. As my last post for Oct 2010 stated, i'd pushed my motivation in a slightly different area that i felt was needed to assist my athleticism as a whole, but between that and the fact that i already spend a majority of my day behind a desk staring at a computer, it was just dang difficult to spend my "free-time" to type up a blog entry.

Through the last year while maintaining my passion for CrossFit I also dabbled in a couple other programs including a 10 Week GOMAD/Starting Strenth program, a 12 Week Mikes Gym Program, and am currently on a 10 Week SS/CrossFit Hybrid program including 1 dedicated day to Oly technique. These progams have given me a huge apprecition for not only moving heavy things but also how to move them efficiently which has only improved my CrossFit ability and enabled me to continue to set frequent PR's accross the board. One other item i think about quite often while doing these programs and working out at 1 of Fargo's local affiliates, is what do box's owe athletes and what should an athlete expect from a box in terms of programming, knowledge, and community?

I've had the great pleasure of spending my time in a number of boxes, met amazing coaches, associated with Games athletes and also got to be a judge at the 2010 CF Games. Through my next few weekly posts, i'm going to bring up a few topics that have been on my mind in regards to the people that I introduce to CrossFit:

What is CrossFit (think bigger than WOD)

How to choose the right Box/Affiliate

How to know if the trainer has the athletes best interests at Heart

Does my Affiliate project a Community Attmosphere

Sometimes we're so excited to have someone experiance a WOD, we forget that CrossFit can mean so much more for our athletes & friends than simply the nervous jitters before 3..2..1..GO or the 00:00:00 on the clock when the time runs out as they fall to the floor creating their first perfect little sweat angel only to post a pic of it on Facebook moments later!

We've all heard the expression of Driking the Kool-Aid, I just want to be sure you're not ingesting some of that off-brand not so fruity beverage that looks so legit in presentation yet only promises to leave discolored teeth and a nasty after taste in your mouth for a long time!

Stay Tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back buddy! Looking forward to reading, commenting and stirring it up with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm looking forward to more blog posts in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete